All resources listed here do not charge any fees. Donations are accepted.
Related retreat centers following Buddhadasa Bikkhu of the Thai forest tradition
Wat Suan Mokkh International Dharma Hermitage
- The official website for the English-language meditation retreats at the International Dharma Hermitage of Wat Suan Mokkh.
- 10-day silent meditation retreats from 1st to 11th of each month. Registration has to be in person on the last day of the previous month.
- Founded by Ven. Ajahn Buddhadasa in 1989.
Dipabhāvan Meditation Center
Koh Samui, Thailand
- dipabhavan.weebly.com english
- dipabhavan.org ไทย
- dipabhavan.org русский
- English-language meditation retreats from the 3rd to the 10th and the 20th to the 27th every month.
- Founded by Ajahn Poh in 2005
Kow Tham Insight Meditation Center
Baan Tai, Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand
- KowThamCenter.org (this website)
- English-language vipassana meditation retreats from the 10th to the 20th of every month.
- Russian-language vipassana meditation retreats from the 234d to the 30th of every month.
- Founded by Nun Mae Chee Ahmon in 1988.
Liberation Park Meditation Center
Norwalk, Wisconsin, US
- Space, support, and guidance for personal retreat. Long-term personal retreat available also.
Other vipassana meditation centers
Centers in Thailand
Little Bangkok Sangha
- Weekly meditation sessions and talks, with links to other centers in Bangkok.
Centers in India
Himachal Vipassana Centre
S.N. Goenka center
Dharamkot, Dharamshala, India
- 3-day, 10-day, and other sessions.
Tushita Meditation Centre
McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, India
- English-language meditation retreats monthly from 1st to 10th. Free; register online. Retreat info
- Daily 9:30am – guided meditation. Daily meditation info
Meditation center listings
Meditation centers on Koh Pha Ngan
Meditation centers in Thailand
S.N. Goenka Vipassana Meditation – all centers worldwide
About meditation centers
- Choosing a meditation center, at Dhammathai.org
- Good information for what to expect at a Thai meditation center.
- Living at a meditation center, at Dhammathai.org
- Good information for Thai customs, food, clothing, and more.
Experiences at vipassana retreats
- Meditation retreat at Wat Kow Tahm
- January 2016, by nand0.
- Nice writeup, and lots of good photos
- My experience at a silent meditation retreat in Thailand
- January 2016, by Susanne, who also taught yoga at the retreat.
- Another nice writeup with good photos
- An experienced meditator’s retreat at Garden of Liberation – Suan Mokkh in 2013