Some of the things we can do are:
- See a dirty dish or pot: Wash it.
- See a littered floor: Sweep it.
- See a lot of fallen leaves: Rake them up.
- See some mess in the drinking water area, the dorm, or anywhere: Clean it up.
- See something out of place: Put it in its place.
- See a good stick laying around anywhere: Pick it up and put it next to dining hall entrance, meditation hall entrance, lower parking lot sign — anywhere that somebody can use it for dogs while walking.
- See shoes blocking a doorway: Gently move them to the side.
- See a chicken (or two or three) in the dining hall: Gently shoo them out.
- Bothered by a distracting thought, unpleasant (in your reality) person, mosquitoes, heat, food, … ? Breathe, pay attention, think metta, do your work.
page revised: 3 July 2018