About registration day
Retreatants may register at the meditation center on the 10th of the month between 8:30am to 11am, and 1pm to 5pm, and on the 11th from 8:30 to 11am at the latest. There will be no registration after 11am on the 11th. Places are allocated on arrival, so come early.
On this day you have the opportunity to register, settle in to the dorm accommodation, look around the monastery, and familiarize yourself with the facilities. You can also go into town to finalize purchases and travel bookings. There is no opportunity to do these activities after 1pm on the 11th, or at any time during the retreat.
The 10th and 11th: The registration process
Registration has to be in person. Advanced booking is not possible.
There is no facility for postal, telephone, email or website registration for retreat.
We strictly adhere to the “first come, first serve” principle. To be sure of a place on the retreat we advise you to arrive on the 10th of the month between 8:30 and 11am. Places are allocated on arrival and everyone has the same opportunity. We have a maximum of 40 people.
Bring to registration
- Your passport, and a copy of your passport page.
- Any details about health issues.
The 11th: Orientation day
- People should finish registration, personal tasks, every activity before 1pm.
- All phone calls, e-mail, letters, tickets, flight confirmations, money-changing, visa extensions, etc. must be arranged and organised before the silent retreat, which begins on the 11th at 1pm.
- At 1pm you will: Store your valuables with staff, have a tour of the boundaries of Kow Tham, and an orientation talk. So be ready in the Temple at the latest 1pm.
12th through 18th: Seven-day silent retreat
Please go here to see the daily schedule for the silent retreat.