We have had many wonderful teachers over the many years of Khao Tham Insight Meditation Center. We will try to eventually have all their information here.
Our current teacher
- Dr Marut Damchaom (Mae-ti-ko)
- After a long and successful career in academia, Marut Damchaon returned to Suan Mokkh and made an ordination to monkhood again. His monk name is Mae-ti-ko, meaning “The Sage”. Read more
- Sometimes the Wat Khao Tham abbot Phra Chaiwat and our manager Tookata give teachings to us as well.
Our past teachers
- Rosemary and Steve Weissmann
- At the request of Mae Chee Amohn, Rosemary and Steve began the Retreat program at Khao Tham in May 1988, and continued for 25 years until March 2013. They continue to teach based in Australia. Read more
- Anthony Markwell
- A monk for ten years and a deep scholar of Buddhism, he was the resident teacher at Khao Tham between 2013 and 2016. He now has a family in Finland, and leads retreats in Europe and Thailand. Read more
- Tan Dhammavidu
- English monk who for 20 years has given the Meditation and Dhamma instruction at Suan Mokkh, and more recently at Dipabhāvan. He also spent many years with Buddhadasa Bhikku, and has translated many of his teachings. Read more
- Find more teachings by:
- Buddhadasa Bhikkhu, the founder of Suan Mokkh;
- Other teachers in the Thai Forest Tradition;
- And other great teachers
- on our Dhamma Teachers page.